Thursday 8 November 2012

Bugs & Hormones

So at almost 34 weeks, I am suffering (yeah, I'd call this suffering) a miserable bout of nausea, headache and fatigue. The kind you feel all the way to the tips of your fingers and ends of your hair. Nausea! At 34 weeks! I only had a couple of weeks of nausea in my first trimester so why now? Unfortunately I've left my What to Expect When You're Expecting guide somewhere else and can't do a quick reference. I could do some online hounding but it'll likely tell me a bunch of things that are common sense.

-Rest.

-Drink water.

-If feeling is accompanied by pain, call your practitioner - ha! Fat chance. You'll only end up talking to one of many receptionists who will schedule you in for an appointment at a time that is convenient. For them. There really is no point in bothering with an Obstetrics Practice if you want a personal experience.

(again wishing that I'd managed to find a midwife for this pregnancy)

-If feeling persists or symptoms worsen, call your practitioner - see above.

And so, I suppose, if I use my common sense, I might have caught a bug somewhere, or, I might just be experiencing a new surge of hormones associated with this stage of pregnancy.

My common sense is also telling me that staring at this computer screen is certainly not helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment