Sunday 26 August 2012

23

A solid 23 weeks in and still no movement! I don't think. Though, we really are so so busy that I could very likely have missed the movement. I have been told by my OB to go to the labour assessment ward this week if necessary, and told by my GP that if I do not feel movement for another 2-3 weeks. So, I'm not really sure what to do. Practically, we are assisting my sister-in-law with moving into her new student spot this weekend and James leaves for London's training next Tuesday. We have one week to prepare for both moves and also to wrap up the legalities of our house closing. Exciting times ahead!

I have been experiencing pretty mild leg cramping over the past couple of months, but on Friday evening my right calf cramped so painfully I cried. At about 4am I grabbed James' arm (I dont know why I thought it would help) while the cramp lasted for seemingly ages. It's actually more severe than the cramping I had from my HellRunner days and I've been limping all day today as a result. I assume that I'm limping due to the cramping on Friday night and not the 5 mile run James and I completed on Saturday morning. Assuming.

I still have not managed to find a suitable location for the baby shower. This is actually causing me quite a bit of grief. It'd be ideal to have it in our house, however, we've decided to have it at a cafe or restaurant for a variety of reasons. Finding something that is "baby shower" appropriate is proving to be very challenging indeed. Oh how I long for Afternoon Tea at Manchester's Lowry Hotel. We had it there the day before the wedding and it was just a wonderful treat. The service was impeccable, the china was fine and the food was ridiculously indulgent and perfectly done. Its shocking to me that Toronto does not have something similar to offer. But I digress...the search is causing me a certain amount of stress. I intend to remedy it this week. Hopefully.

No further updates as yet. Baby OH continues to grow (I can only assume by the swell) and as a sappy  additional note, I'm falling quite in love with this belly.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you find a good place for the shower. I'm sure you will.
    Oh that afternoon tea at the Lowry was SO amazing. I was looking at pictures of it the other day. I die. So good. :)

    I haven't had bad leg cramps with this pregnancy, but I do remember getting them with either Noah's or Jude's (I can't remember) and it was complete agony.
    I feel your pain. :(

    In other news...every time I go to pee it would seem that baby B feels the urge to punch my cervix causing me a great deal of pain. There's baby movements and then I suppose there's BABY MOVEMENT.

    I love that you are falling in love with your belly (and your baby). :) Wish I could rub the belleh. :)

    Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punching in the cervix? Joyous. I wonder if the space is just little and Baby OH is trying to move and thats why its hurting. Ugh, who knows! The leg cramp thing could prove to be problematic, I'm just watching carefully what my daily habits are to see if there's anything I can do to prevent one of the bad ones again. I realised I said "belly" for the loving part. I did mean "baby", but yeah, I'm glad I'm getting the warm fuzzies over it!

      Delete
  2. Severe cramping, punching......pregnancy doesn't sound all that great really!!! Yet you have done it 3 times Vanessa....madness!
    I hope the cramping doesn't continue, cos that just sounds unbearable! Poor you. And you are still running!!! I thought you would have stopped running. But glad that you haven't!

    Afternoon tea....that was amazing at the Lowry, such a treat! I could have that again! and the sun was shining, and it was a lovely day.

    Baby bump....do we get a picture next week?!?! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, its not all that Sar. Mostly its just trying to get used to a body that doesn't behave the way you're used to. But its cool. And yes, the cramping is a NIGHTMARE. My leg is STILL sore 3 days in, but I ran today and stretched so I'm hoping that the excercise helps to loosen it up a bit.

      And yes, there will be a pic next week. GAH. I'm so rubbish. I promise! :)

      Delete
  3. Tamsin! Such fun to read about your pregnancy! Come visit us in Victoria - there are a couple of places that do tea properly here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to visit Victoria - I hope you're offering to do guided tours! ;)

      Delete