Monday 3 September 2012

24



I'm pleased to say that this week we had MOVEMENT! It doesn't happen on a daily basis and I really only feel it when I'm sitting down and being very calm, which is a rare occurrence in itself! James is a bit jealous that he can't yet feel Baby OH moving, but I believe that changes in a few weeks or so. A few weeks! I don't know how I can start talking about what will happen in a "few" weeks, when I'll be a whole 7 months along at that stage. It just seems so...advanced.  

This weekend we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. We had to carve out the day for ourselves by planning ahead and sticking to our guns when the to-do list wasn't completed in time. But we woke up early, went for a 5 mile run, then enjoyed a lovely brunch at a neat little restaurant in Liberty Village called School . Afterwards we browsed through West Elm, before coming home to watch a tv-movie and lie on the sofa without any guilt whatsoever. It was wonderful. 

Except for the consistent ache I had during the day following our run. I'm strongly starting to consider the belly band for additional support. I don't know what has held me back from purchasing maternity clothes, a belly band and the like. I think I just resent purchasing things that I may or may not use and only then, for a few months yet to come. We just seem to have many more important things to spend our funds on. Like a baby shower! I'm beginning to be excited about the shower which will be a modern afternoon tea at a patisserie downtown. The rest of the baby preparation is really on the back burner until after the house closing date and the move in date 2 weeks after that. Worrying over what brand of car seat to purchase, which clothes we do or don't need and what colour to select for crib sheets will have to wait. There is time enough for it yet. 

We've spend the day getting ready for James' departure tomorrow for his training time with the police. I am painting my nails and getting dinner ready for our last Tuesday together until, well, until around Baby OH's due date! Fortunately he is home on weekends and only returns to training on a Sunday evening. Friday is about to become my most favourite day of the week.

4 comments:

  1. You are seriously stunning. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So happy to hear about the movement! You look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely. Get that belly band. Yay for movement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo thank you ladies! So nice to have such loverly compliments. If you're using positive reinforcement to get more photos posted -its working! :)

    ReplyDelete