Sunday 5 August 2012

Twenty!



Halfway there now! Its actually starting to become really enjoyable - despite the aches and niggles. I think I look quite obviously pregnant, and so I laughed quite freely at work when more than one person gawked when I told them that I was 5 months along. I don't know whether or not to be offended as their surprise must mean that I usually look a little bit pregnant! I'm sure that I dont usually look pregnant, and content myself with the fact my co-workers just don't look at me that closely.

James and I attended my 20 week ultrasound this past Friday and it was wonderful. I had a little snooze in the dark room while the technician took 40 minutes worth of images. She then brought James in so that we could find out the baby's gender. We were in awe of how much this tiny little thing had changed from the first ultrasound we saw 2 months ago. A tiny little heart beating fast, fingers and toes and a lovely little nose. I became a bit emotional when we saw the baby, heard its heart beating and were fortunate enough to find out the gender without chance of error. That little guy was letting it all hang out - as they say.

Emotionally, I am so pleased and excited for this baby. Physically, I am still dealing with some things, but mostly, I am starting to really bond with our little boy. I know it sounds odd, bonding with something that I don't yet have a relationship with, but I suppose its a evolutionary, innate response to this stage of development. I am amazed at God's wisdom in creating us to have these emotional responses. Truth be told, I am just amazed by the entire process of fertilizing an egg on day X and having a whole human being created in 9 months filled with their very own unique personality. I understand its scientific, but the beauty of it, for me, can only be from God.

4 comments:

  1. A boy! A boy! I'm so thrilled for you guys! :D
    And I'm so glad you're starting to bond with him. :D
    We need to skype soon - I want to hear all about everything! :D
    Love you!
    xo
    Oh! Also you look FANTASTIC and totally not that pregnant at all. I mean, I'm sure to YOU you are feeling bigger, but you are looking teeny tiny FABULOUS! And I don't mean "teeny tiny" in a bad way - I think it's quite common to not show as early with a first. Maybe it just means a smaller baby - not like my behemoths! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muchly V. I've lately been told that I look bigger every day. I think they mean well. Ah well, its a prego thing. Hopin' for tiny heads - though, judging by the Dawsons at present, its highly unlikely. DRUGS!

      Delete
  2. I 100% agree with Vanessa....you look fantastic! And I also agree that you don't look 'that' pregnant. I had a 'food baby' bigger than that the other day :p
    I'm sure it will all change in a few weeks though! (Although I am hoping for a small baby for you, it all just sounds too painful otherwise!)
    And what happened to you not being photogenic?!?!?!?! You really do look lovely in this picture, and 'glowing'!!!

    I had to stop myself from looking (and buying) baby boy clothes today! Excited that you are having a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Illidge, the only way you could look more prego than me is if you've finally managed to reduce your super low body fat to almost zero! Thanks on the pic compliment, it did take approximately 9 tries, but we're getting there! Don't buy clothes yet you crazy woman!! :)

      Delete