Thursday 14 June 2012

An introduction

I am roughly 13 weeks pregnant. 13 weeks! Already! Pretty exciting things are happening in our family. We found out at 6 weeks and managed to keep it a secret from our family for 2. We've just been for our first ultrasound - a much more rewarding experience for my husband than it was for me. I was tickled by the way it moves around with abandon. floating. Which makes sense I suppose. I was disappointed to have not heard the heartbeat, but my husband seemed to find the whole experience very grounding. It made me really happy to see him so excited.

I think that I'll start doing the photo advancement which is so common. Its a great idea really. I'll start it this week while my stomach is still relatively flat. Though it'll have to be in the morning because usually by dinner time, I am quite distended. I have heard that this is normal. Though, I have heard many things thus far and have decided that the best option moving forward is to just go with the flow. Too much information can be a bad thing for those of us who scrutinize every tidbit down to its last fibre.

Anywho - the intro blog is done I suppose. I will add more about the experience and my feelings, but, I think it can wait until the next blog when I'm feeling more energetic. In the interim - here's a ultrasound image. Its so tiny!




1 comment:

  1. Yay! Absolutely and completely thrilled for you guys. I love that James was so pumped at the ultrasound. Did the ultrasound technician at least SHOW you the heart beating?
    Anyway, so happy. Love to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete