Thursday 15 November 2012

Almost 35

I forgot to post a week 34 update, as well as a doctor's visit update. So this'll do I reckon'!

I have entered the time of complete discomfort. Until this baby drops, I am fighting shortness of breath and a little foot/elbow/knee trying to wiggle some free room in the cavity between my ribs. Yes, a cavity between my ribs. And yes, this does hurt. It is not "uncomfortable" or "awkward" as I've been told to expect. Its bloody sore. And now you know. My belly is perpetually rock hard and the entire thing shifts or protrudes awkwardly when the baby moves.

I'm eating smaller portions and my sweet tooth is making a serious name for itself. I'm still toying with "demon sweet tooth", "sweet sweet sugary goodness" and "no, i'm not sweet enough"....or something a bit shorter. I have yet to decide. This need for more sugar in my tea, sickly sweet decaf Starbucks drinks, and miniature packs of Skittles for breakfast (oh the shame) is probably the reason for my weight gain at this appointment. But I blame baby. Because he can't defend himself. So I'm up another 1.2lbs from my visit 4 weeks ago. It could be worse, but I'm keenly aware that I've hit a weight gain mark and that I have another 5 weeks to go. I suppose I should try doing my workouts more than once per week. I'll aim for three this week!

The doctor said that my belly is small, and that the baby is smaller than average, but perfectly proportioned to my build. My heart rate is good, my blood sugar levels are good and my "discomforts" are perfectly normal. She then chided me for not being further along in the baby prep. I told her that I was planning on starting to prep around 37 weeks - err.or. (haha, I just hear Mr T's voice when I type that. I should find a Mr.T's Craziest Fools clip for this blog. I'll update it if I can find one)

Yes, statistically women do give birth at 40 weeks, but, apparently they see full term, 37 week old babies born every day.

"Really? Come on. Every. Day?"

"Every.day. I would make sure you're good to go at 37 weeks".

Stress? Panic? Anxiety? Nah. I'm too excited to watch a rubbish film with my sister-in-law tomorrow (helllooo Twilight, you wicked obsession) and spend time with James this weekend.

On a very very exciting note - our crib has finally arrived!!! Well, in the warehouse. My dad and brother were going to kindly put it together for us next week, but I think it'll be good for James to have a chance to participate in some of the organising for the nursery and the baby's arrival since he's been away for the majority of it. Good intuition Tamsin - you might say. James did confirm this and I'm really looking forward to having it in the nursery by the end of the weekend! Since my photography skills are average, here's a pic of the crib from the website. Yay!

The Oeuf Sparrow Crib - A sparrow's Egg!! Delightful. Oh, minus that changer attached to the top!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS. Love this crib. I think I pinned it on Pinterest.

    Yeah. The last 4 weeks are when I start gaining weight like a mother. :( Just pretend it's all in your boobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one was my favourite for a long time! I'm so aware of the weight gain now, especially since I'm not as active as I used to be. It takes AGES now to even vacuum the stinkin' floors! :)

      Delete